Have your say on proposed changes to bus route 394

Closed 3 Oct 2014

Opened 26 Aug 2014

Overview

 

The London bus network is kept under regular review. As part of this, we develop proposals for changes to services.

Route 394 currently runs via Amhurst Road and Dalston Lane in both directions to serve the Homerton Hospital. This route was put in place to facilitate the pedestrianisation of Hackney Narrow Way.

 

Why we consulted

In order to provide faster journeys times from Hackney Town Centre and Central London to Homerton Hospital, we proposed to re-route the 394 via Morning Lane and Ponsford Street. It would no longer serve Amhurst Road, Dalston Lane, Lower Clapton Road or Urswick Road.

Please see the map below for further details:

 

 

 

For a larger version of this map please click here

Customers would still be able to use route 276 between Amhurst Road and Homerton Hospital. Routes 425 and 488 would continue to serve Urswick Road and Lower Clapton Road.

We are not proposing to change the frequency of buses on route 394.

 

Results

We received 175 responses from members of the public and 3 from stakeholders. A majority of respondents indicated that they support the proposal. 35% of respondents said they strongly agreed and 28% said they agreed meaning a total of 63% expressed support for the proposal. 15% of respondents said they disagreed and 8% strongly disagreed. 11% indicated they neither agreed nor disagreed. 2% said that that they did not know. Thanks to all those who provided their views.

After carefully considering all responses, we now intend to proceed with the proposal and plan to re-route the 394 from 9 May 2015.

The full consulation report can be found here and a document outlining our responses to issues raised here.

 

Areas

  • Hackney
  • Islington

Audiences

  • Public
  • Stakeholders
  • Local residents
  • Local businesses
  • Schools
  • London Boroughs

Interests

  • Bus route 394