Have your say on the proposed changes to the Congestion Charge
Transport for London (TfL) regularly reviews the Congestion Charging scheme to ensure that it remains effective in reducing traffic and congestion in central London as well as improving the operation of the scheme.
We are proposing to make changes to the Congestion Charging scheme. These changes include:
- Providing the option to pay CC Auto Pay accounts by direct debit
- Enabling discount applications and renewals to be made online
- Increasing the daily Congestion Charge
- Changing the NHS Reimbursement Scheme to allow refunds for CC Auto Pay payments
- Providing the option for customers to amend the date of a pre-paid charge on the day of travel
- Minor Congestion Charge Scheme Order changes
The Congestion Charge applies to all vehicles being driven within the Congestion Charging zone from 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, unless they are exempt or registered with Transport for London (TfL) for a discount. The Congestion Charge is payable in advance or before midnight on the day of travel.
To find out more about our proposals, please click the links below:
This statutory consultation ends on 14 March 2014.
We will consider all of the comments provided and prepare a report for the Mayor.
The Mayor will decide whether to go ahead with the proposals, with or without any changes. We will publicise the outcome along with supporting information.
Please let us know your views on the proposed changes to the Congestion Charging scheme by completing our online survey.