A205 London Road and Honor Oak Road
We are proposing to undertake improvement works at the above junction. The proposal aims to benefit pedestrians through providing wider footways as well as slow vehicles down turning into Honor Oak Road. It also aims to improve access arrangements into and out of the petrol station immediately next to the junction.
Why We Are Consulting
The proposals are outlined in the summary below.
- Provision of a right turn pocket for vehicles turning into the petrol station.This will reduce the instances of waiting vehicles blocking the traffic flow westbound on A205 London Road.
- Building out of footways either side of Honor Oak Road. This will provide a wider footway for pedestrians as well as slowing down vehicles entering and exiting Honor Oak Road.
- Eastbound stop line on A205 London Road moved forward 4 metres. This together with advanced warning of the traffic signal ahead sign will give more visibility and warning to vehicles exiting the petrol station of the junction ahead.
- Widening of pedestrian refuges on both A205 London Road and Honor Oak Road. This will provide more space for pedestrians to wait whilst crossing the junction.
- New stop line for traffic exiting Park Hill to accompany the existing traffic signals.
- Provision of red anti-skid road surface to assist vehicles turning right from A205 London Road into Honor Oak Road.
- Upgraded signal equipment at the junction to increase visibility of the traffic signals to road users.
The map below shows the changes proposed for the junction.
Given no unforeseen delays, it is estimated that the work would commence during Autumn 2014.
Please give us your views by completing the online consultation form below by Friday 28 February 2014.